When the jelly-like fluid within an intervertebral disc bulges outward, it may compress the surrounding nerves, leading to extreme pain, weakness, and numbness. You may experience the symptoms of herniated discs on various parts of the body, depending on the location of the herniated disc. Dr. Behnam Salari performs numerous diagnostic scans to identify your herniated disc in Morristown and alleviate the symptoms using conservative solutions or minimally invasive herniated disc surgery in New Jersey.
Potential Causes of Disc Herniation:
- Age-related wear and tear of intervertebral discs
- Acute spinal injuries and trauma, such as falls and collisions
- Repetitive lifting and/ or twisting motions
- Incorrect lifting and/ or twisting motions
- Lack of regular exercise can weaken the discs
- Tobacco usage can dry out the discs
Symptoms of Lumbar Herniated Discs:
- Mild to severe lower back pain
- Muscle spasms on the lower back
- Sciatica pain from the buttock to the leg or foot
- Burning, numbness, and tingling sensations
- Loss of lower leg functions
Symptoms of Cervical Herniated Discs:
- Mild to severe neck or shoulder pain
- Persistent pain that originates from the neck and travels down the arms and hands
- Signs and symptoms of cervical radiculopathy
- Numbness and tingling sensations on the shoulders and arms
- Mobility problems with the arms
Contact Dr. Salari for Herniated Disc Treatments
Dr. Behnam Salari is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in cutting-edge, minimally invasive spine surgeries in New Jersey. He always diagnoses and treats the root cause of your spinal conditions instead of simply masking the superficial symptoms. He customizes each treatment plan according to your unique needs to ensure optimal results with minimal downtime for your herniated disc in Morristown. Dr. Salari only resorts to surgeries after exhausting all other conservative solutions.
If you have mild to severe back pain, muscle spasms, numbness, tingling, and weakness on the extremities of your body, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Salari at our offices in Morristown, Hackettstown, Sparta, or Randolph in New Jersey.