Dr. Salari, the leading orthopedic surgeon in New Jersey, prioritizes non-surgical solutions to your spinal problems, such as physical therapy and medications. But some spinal problems necessitate surgical intervention. When spinal surgery is deemed necessary, Dr. Salari utilizes cutting-edge, minimally invasive spine surgery techniques rather than traditional open surgeries. Your minimally invasive spine surgery in Morristown will involve small incisions, minimal risk of complications, and minimal downtime.
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Treats:
- Compressed spinal nerves
- Cervical or lumbar radiculopathy
- Spinal instability
- Spinal deformities
- Herniated intervertebral discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
Our Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Techniques:
- Discectomy: This procedure involves the removal of all or parts of the damaged, ruptured, degenerated, or herniated intervertebral discs.
- Foraminotomy: This procedure involves enlarging the spinal nerve pathways to minimize the pressure on the spinal cord and nerve roots.
- Kyphoplasty: This procedure involves stabilizing the damaged vertebrae to reverse the damage caused by spinal compression fractures.
- Laminectomy: This procedure involves removing all or parts of the arch of bone located behind the vertebrae.
- Laminotomy: This procedure involves making a hole in the lamina of the vertebrae to allow the spinal nerves to move unobstructed.
- Spinal Fusion: Lumbar fusion surgery involves placing bone grafts around damaged vertebrae to facilitate natural bone regeneration, making two vertebrae join together.
- Vertebroplasty: This procedure involves stabilizing spinal fractures caused by the compression of the vertebrae on the spine.
Benefits of Robot-Guided Spine Surgery:
- 50% to 70% less exposure to radiation
- Optimal precision because of 3D visual guidance
- Removes human margins of error
- Minimal procedure time
- Minimal incisions and scarring
- Minimal tissue damage
- Return home within a day or two
- Minimal post-surgery pain and discomfort
- Minimal muscle retraction
- Optimal implant placement accuracy
- Negligible risk of nerve damage
- Minimal blood loss
- Speedy recovery and healing
Contact Dr. Salari for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Dr. Behnam Salari is the leading board-certified orthopedic surgeon in New Jersey, currently working as the spine surgeon at the Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey. He has a knack for offering personalized spine surgeries that address the patient’s unique goals and concerns while minimizing downtime. He uses the latest, robot-guided, minimally invasive spine surgery techniques to ensure optimal results for his patients, allowing them to return to work and activities quickly.
For more information about minimally invasive spine surgery in Morristown, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Salari at our state-of-the-art offices in Morristown, Hackettstown, Sparta, or Randolph in New Jersey.