If you experience mild to severe pain or burning sensations on the lower back, buttocks, and the back of your thighs, you may have sciatica. This is a type of radiculopathy affecting the sciatic nerve, the largest nerve in the human body. Dr. Behnam Salari carefully diagnoses the root cause of your discomfort and uses cutting-edge techniques to alleviate your sciatica in Morristown.
Potential Causes of Sciatica:
- Trauma or injury
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Disc slippage
What Are the Symptoms of Sciatica?
- Mild to severe pain starting at the lower back
- Pain worsens while coughing, squatting, or sitting
- Numbness and tingling sensations
- Burning sensations
- Loss of sensations or numbness
- Weakness in the legs
- Radiating electrical pains
- Pins and needles sensation
- Symptoms might be felt in only one side of the body
- Rest and recovery
- Physical therapy
- Topical analgesics
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- Epidural steroid injections
Minimally Invasive Surgery Options:
- Microscopic discectomy to remove the damaged components of the herniated disc
- Neurologic decompression to decompress the nerve roots and spinal canal
”Dr. Salari has quite literally changed my life. I went from being unable to walk back to running in 7 weeks. He was kind, patient, and straightforward with all information. He explained the root of the pain & then how he was going to fix it. He and his staff were always available when I had questions or concerns. I can't recommend Dr. Salari enough.Ally H.
Why Choose Dr. Salari for Sciatica Treatment?
Dr. Salari is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and spine surgeon specializing in minimally invasive techniques. He always identifies and treats the root cause of your symptoms to ensure long-lasting relief. Furthermore, he personalizes all treatments according to his patient’s unique needs and goals after a thorough discussion of their goals and expectations. If surgical intervention is necessary, he specializes in minimally invasive techniques to treat your radicular pain in Morristown.
If you have the signs or symptoms of sciatica, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Salari at our offices in Morristown, Hackettstown, Sparta, or Randolph in New Jersey.