Age-related spinal degeneration, trauma, osteoarthritis, and other factors can reduce the pockets of space between the vertebrae on your spine. This can lead to nerve compression and the symptoms of radiculopathy, i.e., damage to the nerve roots. Dr. Behnam Salari carefully reviews your symptoms, determines the extent of damage, and curates a personalized treatment plan for your spinal stenosis in Morristown. He prioritizes non-surgical solutions but doesn’t shy away from minimally invasive surgeries when absolutely necessary.
Potential Causes of Spinal Stenosis:
- Osteophytes (bone spurs)
- Disc herniation
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal trauma and injuries
- Congenital conditions, such as dwarfism
Symptoms of Cervical Spinal Stenosis:
- Mild to severe neck pain
- Radiating pain and weakness in the shoulders, arms, and hands
- Numbness in the shoulders and extremities
- Loss of mobility in the arms and hands
- Changes in balance and posture
Symptoms of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis:
- Mild to severe lower back pain
- Radiating pain and weakness in the lower back, buttocks, and legs
- Numbness in the buttocks and lower extremities
- Difficulty in walking or standing still for extended periods
- Reduced pain while stooping down or sitting
- Inability to walk for long distances
- Intermittent leg pain (neurogenic claudication)
- Foot pain and problems
Diagnosing & Treating Spinal Stenosis
Dr. Behnam Salari performs a thorough evaluation to identify the specific root cause of your spinal stenosis in Morristown, address the damaged components of the spine, and ensure long-lasting results. He discusses your symptoms, reviews your medical history, and conducts numerous imaging tests, such as CT scans, MRI scans, and x-rays. After diagnosing the problem, he curates a personalized treatment plan, which may involve a combination of physical therapy, medications, rest and recovery, and minimally invasive surgery.
“I would highly recommend Dr. Salari...I was very impressed with how he explained everything in detail, in a way that was very easy to understand. He informed me of my options to fix my back problems and I felt very comfortable with the decision we agreed upon. The results of my surgery were exactly how he explained they would be. I'm so happy to be moving and grooving again! Dr. Salari has a heart of gold and has a wonderful bedside manner. I am so pleased with my experience and when people ask who I went to; I am proud to say, "Dr. Salari, he's the best"!”Kim K.
“Dr. Salari is a great doctor. He has performed two operations on my back and were both a success (removed all my pain). He is very personable and has great bedside manners. I would recommend him to anyone with back issues.”Keith D.